Saturday, May 24, 2008

The last 30 hours

have been so full of work it's not funny. Amazing to me how much you can get done in a day if all you are doing is busting your ass and throwing in a game of Ms. Pac-man here n there.

Yesterday around 5 we get a hair up our ass to go out and buy the kids a trampoline. We looked all over and none of the stores carried the one we wanted. We decided to go ahead and upgrade Samantha and Cameron to big bikes. Sam got a 16" one and Cam got a 12" one... short legs yet on that one, and no pedaling skills. All the kids got bike helmets (finally convinced Katelyn is was cool to wear one.. lol) and we bought a sand/water playcenter so the kids will stay OUT of the horse shoe pit this year.

Made it home last night around 9, fed the kids and put them to bed.. took the cover off the pool and dumped in some shock, algaecide, and chlorine and got that going. Doug cut his foot in the shop by landing on his computer parts strewn across the floor in there... thinking he may have learned a valuable lesson last night. ;) I was out by 11:30 last night.

Woke up at 8 this morning (Doug got up with the kids) was up for 10 minutes and my Aunt called, said her and my uncle were coming over to get the rotted wood and bags of dirt from the garden. YIPPIE! I ran out to the ATM so I could pay my uncle some gas money.. cuz you know that stuff isn't cheap right now. Came home and started putting the sand/water playcenter together. Aunt & Uncle came over and we loaded up the truck. So nice having that wood crap gone! As Doug & Uncle went to the dump to throw the crap out, Auntie and I finished putting the sand/water thing together and taught the kids to ride their bikes. Was fun, and the kids adore their new play center.
Sand water center

Ran to the pool store and got a water sample, bought even more chemicals, ran to Sams (was a total mad house because of Memorial Day weekend) and bought some goodies for grilling on Monday. Bought a watermelon and that baby is chilling in the fridge as I type this. Can't wait to have a slice or fifteen.
Sam's new bike
Katelyn worked on digging more leaves out of the pool. Doug and I cleaned off the pool cover and then put it away. Cleaned off the deck from winter crud, nailed the nails back down that had come up, and finally.. finally got more of my plants in the garden tonight. I can't wait til everything starts growing.. such a sense of accomplishment. And that has been my last 30 hours. *gulp* and my first time online today except for posting a layout which takes line 1 minute to do.
Cam's new bike
I hope to relax more tomorrow and enjoy the day... may make some cold salads ahead of time for the BBQ come Monday night, and plant the rest of my plants & seeds in the garden. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!


  1. KEEEEEYUTE!!! Those new bikes look SPIFFY!! Woman!! If I didn't know better, I'd say you were nesting!! lol

  2. What a fun day! Wish I had a playcenter like that!! LOL!

  3. Looks like a GREAT day to me! LOVE it!

  4. what a great day! even those days are so crazy they are the best. cute cute cute family!

  5. Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

  6. ITA with Rachel it sounds like your nesting!!lol I am exhausted just reading it!I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day and got some relaxation in!Cool bikes too!

  7. Wow Leah did you run around enough? the sand table is too cute! Megan had a sleepover, then we did the Metropolitan Museum (they had a superheroes fashion exhibit it was small though) then barbequed... gas is 4.15 here in NYC and we are trying to drive a little less :) have a great day! eva


Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it warms my heart. I hope you have a blessed day. Crafty hugs, Leah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...