I made it to round 2 for the Treasured Hunt 08 contest. I was bummed a couple of my friends didn't move on with me. I guess it's how it all works.. I would never fare well in challenges like BB8 or Survivor.. would hate to cut someone... anyways, here are the requirements.
- Create a ONE or TWO page layout (any size)
Layout must include:
- 3 different patterned papers from 3 different manufacturers (one paper from each - no more, no less)
- at least one transparent element (may be colored or clear but transparent)
- at least one bird, owl or butterfly (come on, they're everywhere!!) note: it is permitted to combine this with either of the first two requirements if you want. ex: a clear butterfly, or patterned paper with an owl.
- at least ONE but no more than TWO photos (does not need to be taken by you)
- journaling....and the journaling must include "I want you to know..." It can be as long or as short as you like but must include those words. BE CREATIVE!
Everything else is up to you.
*P.S. i love you* click layout to view larger
Journaling: I want you to know that there will be times I'm not the best wife and mother. I think you may already know that. On the best of days I will be sassy and opinionated, I'm sure that will never change. I want you to know that when I'm not with you, I will be thinking of you. You are always in the forefront of my mind. I worry for your safety until you are home with me. I want you to know there will be days that the world is unkind. You'll feel tired & beaten down. Know that I'll be there to comfort you and pick you up. Above all else, I want you to know that I take my role as wife & mother seriously... with great honor, even. And on those days I'm moody and tired, know that I cherish you, especially remember these 3 words. I love you.
Alpha stickers: Doodlebug Bling: Heidi Swapp Cardstock: Bazzill Clear elements: Hambly & Heidi Swapp Pattern Paper: Scenic Route (orange); Theresa Collins (bracket paper); Prima (green) Pens: Sharpie markers Photo: digitally altered online @ scrapblog.com Ribbon: Maya road, Prima Staples: Making Memories Small butterflies: iron ons from Joann's
I love the layout and message to my family... and I hope it moves me forward to round 3. Won't know that until next Tuesday... thankfully it's humpday, which means the week will probably move quickly now.
Now, I gotta figure out my first challenge for Tally Olympics!! ANYONE is welcome to sign up.. it'll run until September sometime.. you should sign up!